Re: A Track Work Gripe.- Be Warned!

Nothing's changed since 1987, when the same thing happened en route to The
Royal National Park when I was newly located in Sydney again after 10 years.
Of course, there were only 2 trains a day then - so missing one just
happened to screw up the whole day. (No connecting bus to RNP). Made a vital
decision there and then (sorry DJ) - would not trust public transport in
Australia (I had used BR during the Thatcher years in the UK) so I found
accommodation within walking distance of work - in both Sydney and
Melbourne. I voted against the lousy management (and IR environment) with my
feet then but my interest in the subject has persisted. It's easier to like
public transport when you don't have to use it!

DW