Re: It's Academic

<<<<<<<Chris Brownbill wrote in message <36C54AF2.9D8D3FDE@enternet.com.au>...
>Question 3:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
> Werris Creek
> Footscray
> Mangalore
> Western Junction
> Blacktown  [I'm not so sure about this one]

Answer :- The platforms are located AFTER the junction points. Normally,
stations are located on the main line prior to the junction points.>>>>>>>>

This question should be reworded to: What DID the following....... as Footscray
has not had junction points for about 20 years. Neither does Mangalore now so
I'm told.

Regarding St Kilda, was it a dead end station even in the days of the line to
Windsor?

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/