Re: Genisys Wyoming [how do you [I] spell it??

Rod (berlina@guvsucks.bigpond.com) wrote:
> Nothing I hope! Seems that if they are the ones who bought part of A.N.,
> they begged poor when they could not upgrade the tracks as per the purchase
> contracts! Victorian Government has not done much since Kennett and Co, got
> into power, so whoever takes over, better have deep pockets and be able to
> rehabilitate our Railway now...or  they might as well shut it down, now.
> Rod

That's one reason I hope Wisconsin Central gets V/Line Freight. If EWS,
Tranzrail and Tasrail are anything to go by, they are prepared to spend
big $$$ on new and rebuilt locomotives, and attracting new business. They
may not necessarily have deep pockets, but they have long arms when
necessary.

Tasrail turned a profit in less than a year. As far as government operated
railways goes, V/Line Freight's $15 million loss is not huge. I would
expect them to turn that around in under 3 years. there is such a huge
untapped market of freight transport in Victoria, and businesses willing
to send freight by rail if only they could.

Cheers
David