Re: Indian Pacific Lithgow

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 00:35:09 +1100, "Michael Walker"
<walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

>>well, you get used to it after a while!! The way things are going, it
>>wouldn't suprise me if they started making plastic rails and sleepers!!!
>>(but I hope not!)
>>
>Don't laugh, I haven't heard of plastic rails but I did read (not sure
>whether train mag or newspaper) a while ago of trials by (I think) a
>Melbourne based company in recycling plastic to make sleepers. I don't know
>what ever happened but some of the touted benefits at the time was they were
>cheap to make and didn't have problems with white ants and termites or other
>wood loving insects unlike wooden sleepers.

so what about concrete sleepers? Are there any pressing reasons for
not using them?

regards

Mike Roebuck, Basel, Switzerland  icq#7018252
SPAMTRAP: I don't mend shoes - remove the trade name when replying by E-Mail

"Just another Town, another Train, nothing lost and nothing gained
 Guess I will spend my life on railway stations"  (Andersson/Ulvaeus)