Re: Katoomba Scenic Railway not steepest?

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:46:58 +1030, "David Martin"
<d_martin@mountains.net.au> wrote:

>I've just checked out Funimag,
>http://wwwusers.imaginet.fr/~mikeaz/funi03.htm . It  contains several links
>to info about the Lookout Mountain incline, some of which have good photos.
>Quite impressive & worth a look, particularly the 7th, 8th & 9th Chattanooga
>(Tennessee) sites listed.
>
>3 of these sites give a gradient of 72.7%, which is pretty tame compared to
>Katoomba (100% = 45 degrees)
>
>David Martin

sections of the Pilatus mountain railway here in Switzerland (a rack
incline) are at a gradient of 49%. I've always believed this to be the
world's steepest passenger railway.

regards

Mike Roebuck, Basel, Switzerland  icq#7018252
SPAMTRAP: I don't mend shoes - remove the trade name when replying by E-Mail

"Just another Town, another Train, nothing lost and nothing gained
 Guess I will spend my life on railway stations"  (Andersson/Ulvaeus)