Re: Indian Pacific Lithgow

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 09:51:20 GMT, petan@ion.com.au (petan@ion.com.au)
wrote:

> Hi, I started this tread.    Thanks for your helpful answers.
>
>Chers
>Peter

Hi from Switzerland

I used the train on 10th January from Adelaide to Sydney. Don't know
if anything out of the ordinary happened at Lithgow, because I was
still asleep, but thought you might be interested in the following
observations:

- the train was hauled by NR locos 56 & 57, in Sea Train colours, and
left Adelaide half an hour late after a coach with a defect aircon
unit was replaced. During this half hour, joining passengers were made
to stand on the platform in 28 degrees of heat before being allowed to
get on board

- the state of the track on the NSW section, at least as far as the
beginning of Cityrail territory, is appalling - I'm amazed I managed
to get any sleep at all!

- the leading loco was detached outside Sydney terminus - presumably
because the train would have been too long for Platform 1 if it had
been kept on the train?

- arrival in Sydney was on time

regards

Mike Roebuck
Basel, Switzerland
icq#7018252

SPAMTRAP: I don't mend shoes - remove the trade name when replying by E-Mail

"Just another Town, another Train, waiting in the
 morning rain. Lord give my restless soul
 a little patience"
(Andersson/Ulvaeus)