Re: Indian Pacific Lithgow

>well, you get used to it after a while!! The way things are going, it
>wouldn't suprise me if they started making plastic rails and sleepers!!!
>(but I hope not!)

Don't laugh, I haven't heard of plastic rails but I did read (not sure
whether train mag or newspaper) a while ago of trials by (I think) a
Melbourne based company in recycling plastic to make sleepers. I don't know
what ever happened but some of the touted benefits at the time was they were
cheap to make and didn't have problems with white ants and termites or other
wood loving insects unlike wooden sleepers.