Re: Delay at Mortdale on Wed morning

An interested Observer <fryg@sydpcug.org.au> wrote:

> What was also of interest was the use of the bi-directional signalling.
> I guess we were too close to the train in front to be able to cross over
> but at least 4 trains overtook our train using the down line. The
> opportunity to take advantage of the opposite track would have reduced
> the delays to the other trains at least to a minimum and kept the system
> running reasonably smoothly.

Since the introduction of remote operation of the new layout at
Gordon, I've seen several instances of using the platform 2 road
(central, bi-directional) for passing of trains to either get them
back into timetable order and/or to minimise overall delays in both
the Up and Down directions.

It does indeed seem that intelligent use of new signalling options is
being made on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Bill