Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

Maurie Daly (mauried@commslab.gov.au) wrote:
> Yes correct, but that happens now .
> Centrol is not a single train controller , it is a train control complex
> incorporating a number of train controllers,who all sit in separate rooms
> with  a bank of telephones and a train graph or a diagram on a
> illuminated board or a computer.
> Where one controllers territory crosses anothers , which happens when trains
> have to cross controller boundaries , each controller seeks permission from
> his colleage to gain access for his train.

But they still work for VicTrack and work in the same building.

In theory, ARTC could refuse a pathway because some other operator has
paid a higher price for a clear pathway.

I have a big problem with Tottenham - Brooklyn - Newport being under ARTC
control. We've seen how bg trains often have to be diverted that way
because of overhead problems or other blockages on the suburban lines.
With the line worked locally, there's no problem diverting via Brooklyn at
zero notice. You just have to get the Staff from Newport "A" Box. With
ARTC controlling the section, Centrol would have to contact Adelaide and
probably PAY for a Train Order.

Ditto local trip trains to Somerton, although bg isn't affected there.

I'd rather see ARTC running Newport - Wolsely and Somerton Loop - Wodonga
rather than all the way from Tottenham "B" Box.

Cheers
David