Re: [NSW] CityRail Guard

Russell Norton wrote in message ...
><snip>
>> >CityRail has an exemption.
>>
>> Awwwwww! And I went to all the trouble to compose a Rod Speed style
>response
>> to that post, and you come back with a single line?
>>
>> <sulks>
>>
>> Dave
>

>Sorry guys & gals, I missed previous posts on the "exemption", and I still
>can't believe they were actually granted it.
>
>So, CityRail is above the law then..... It would be interesting if someone
>had the money to challenge the legality of this exemption.

There are provisions in the Act to cover exemptions, and they are granted
regularly, when it can be shown that there has been previous discrimination
and action needs to be taken to redress that.

>BTW, does anyone have a URL for CityRail's discriminatory new policy ??

No - but I will dig around AustLII for the relevant section of the Act
covering exemptions - will get back to you shortly.

Dave