Re: Telephone bookings

Exnarc wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Has anyone had simular experiences with V/Line or Country Link, or the
> airlines, where they have had to wait over 10 minutes?
>
> I'm curious if this is just GSR or are the others as bad?

Bob,

After TRAINS reservation system ceased in early November 1999, my colleague and
I had a lot of problem with Countrylink bookings.  This was mainly due to
removal of online booking facility that was previously available at our
station.  In fact, it got to such a stage that before we proceed with any
Countrylink booking, we would inform customers that this can take between 10
minutes and an hour (if not more)".

See my earlier posting to "aus.rail" on this matter at:
http://www.railpage.org.au/ausrail/99november/msg00739.html

Thank goodness Countrylink seem to have improved in recent time, though it is
still not as good as having an online booking facility.  From what I've
observed, the number of Countrylink tickets we issued, have dropped since
November 1999.  On some days, we don't even get a single request, considering we
are one of the busiest stations in eastern suburb of Melbourne.

Railvic