Re: NR Push Pull Diesels

nobody <dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
3867d47f@pink.one.net.au">news:3867d47f@pink.one.net.au...
> The economic advantave of push/pull or locotrol or whatever it is is that
it
> enables longer trains. The longer the train is the more cost efficient it
> is. However I find it strange for them to practise this on an open coal
> train - they stopped running diesels behind steam locomotives because to
> much coal dust got in the works.
>
> Brendan

In the US they run most trains with mid train helpers/Locotrol/Distributed
Power on OPEN (as you put it) coal trains, whilst I don't know of the
circumstances you are talking about re: running diesels behind steam, I
might suggest that the coal dust theory in more a crew complain thing than
coal dust getting in the works??

Bob.