[VIC] S class loco profile

Has anyone noticed the error on page 22 of the S class locomotive
profile book published by Train Hobby? The caption says, "So many things
gone here-the S, the T's, the semaphore and the telephone lines-S307,
John Pascoe Fawkner, T381 and T380 near Kilmore East, May 1980-gone but
NOT forgotten!" The photo shows the locos mentioned above approaching
the distant signals (There is one in the photo near the line and another
further up the embankment) at the Melbourne end of Kilmore East. This is
a pretty big error because those signals still exist and are well known.
If anyone wants proof of this there is a photo of G543 passing the
signals on my web site. (here is a direct link to the photo:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/elecrail99_kilmore_east_11-99/g543_quarry_up.jpg).
This photo shows the signal that is further up the embankment. The photo
on p22 of the S class loco profile shows the smaller signal that is
closer to the track. This smaller signal is hidden behind the loco in
the photo on my site. This photo also shows that the telephone lines are
still there. Before publishing captions like this, John Sargent should
have made sure that the signals (and telephone lines) were actually
removed. It seems as if he just assumed they were gone.

Apart from this error, it is an excellent collection of photos and is a
"must buy" for any diesel fanatic. :-)

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: