Re: [VIC] S (and L) class loco profile

Have you seen the L class book? It has many errors. Some quite bad. Of
course these books are made from slide collections that Train Hobby have
aquired. I'm sure many of these slides had no info with them. Since I'm more
familiar with Gippsland, I had little trouble noticing some of these errors
(and had others brought to my attention). I'm quite sure most of the other
books in this otherwise excellent books also have similar errors.
In the L class book, there is a photo of 2 trains (the Gippslander being one
of them) supposedly in suburban Melbourne. In fact it is in Moe. There are
other geographical errors too, but not quite to such an extent. The date of
the rear cover photo is definately wrong too, by about 20 years, and one of
the 'goods' trains is actually a passenger train. I could go on. But won't.
It is a great pity that this has happened, but these profile books are still
well worth looking at.
Has anyone noticed the 'VR' sheep in the Railscene Victoria Blue and Gold
generation book?

Darren Hodges

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3866092B.7D7320A6@ozemail.com.au">news:3866092B.7D7320A6@ozemail.com.au...
> Has anyone noticed the error on page 22 of the S class locomotive
> profile book published by Train Hobby? The caption says, "So many things
> gone here-the S, the T's, the semaphore and the telephone lines-S307,
> John Pascoe Fawkner, T381 and T380 near Kilmore East, May 1980-gone but
> NOT forgotten!" ....and so on

.... Before publishing captions like this, John Sargent should