Re: More from the Terrorgraph

Dave Proctor wrote in message <83nf5u$68h$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>This mornings Daily Terrorgraph had more sensationalism on the front page.
>Although this one was potentially very serious.
>
>According to the Terror, the light engine movements of the NR class locos
>for the Indian Pacific - from Central to Enfield in the morning, returning
>in the afternoon -disappeared from the signallers diagram at Sydenham.

SNIP

>Sorry I don't have more info, I don't have the paper here.
>
>Dave

Yes it happened.

It appears that wheel profiles being cut at Spotswood on NRs are not correct
for NSW standards. There is insufficient contact to short the signalling
circuits.

NRs running light engine must now proceed under BLOCK WORKING. I have seen
an additional instruction that ALL locos running light must be under block
conditions. This should tie up most of the system!!!

Talk about knee-jerk reaction.

Geoff Lillico