More from the Terrorgraph

This mornings Daily Terrorgraph had more sensationalism on the front page.
Although this one was potentially very serious.

According to the Terror, the light engine movements of the NR class locos
for the Indian Pacific - from Central to Enfield in the morning, returning
in the afternoon -disappeared from the signallers diagram at Sydenham.

Anyone have any further information? The report did not say where the locos
were at the time that they dropped off - if it was on the passenger carrying
lines, it *could* have been disastrous. If on the goods line, it could have
been damaging.

The report did not say if it was the same loco each time, although I have
rarely seen the same loco take the train out that brought it in in the
morning. It does happen, but not that often. If it was the same loco on both
occasions, then it *could* point to this particular loco not activating the
track circuits correctly.

Carl Scully was quoted saying that he had ordered all of the locos of the
type in question to be immediately inspected. Pity NSW does not won them,
although they could ban any uninspected loco from operating on NSW rails.
Sounds like a politician engaging in damage control.

Sorry I don't have more info, I don't have the paper here.

Dave