Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Tripping through a signal *might* have served to slow the train down,
> particularly since the train had stopped at Glenbrook station, and would
> have (presumably - notice, a presumption here) have received authority to
> pass the signal before leaving the station. Tripping through the signal
> *might* have meant that it would take extra time for the driver to reach the
> speed that the train was at at the time of collision - thus, the speed that
> the train was at when the driver spotted the I-P would have been lower, and
> the impact *could* have been avoided or the impact reduced.

I agree that Train stops should be installed in all City Rail
areas and indeed I believe that $15 Million has already been allocated
to indeed fit them. In the case of Glenbrook having
a Trip on the Signal would not have made much difference as the
Signal in question is only a few metres from the end of the
Platform where W534 had stopped anyway.

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.