Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Tony Gatt wrote in message <384B8017.ACA7BF6A@tig.com.au>...
>
> >Not really. The automatic trip can be reset by the driver, and then the
> train can continue. Trip arms
> >are to stop you from passing a red signal without stopping. After the
> "stop", the train can continue on
> >as if the trip never existed.
> >
> >All that "may" have happened in this case is not only did the driver of the
> IU have to stop and report
> >the signal, he would have stopped a second time. This may have delayed, but
> not prevented the accident
> >from occuring.
>
> Except that it *may* have served as a reminder to the driver that he was
> passing a red signal, and he *may* have been travelling a bit slower
> (because of the reminder) and he *may* have had ttime to stop.

Very true. I am not denying that fact.. I see no reason (apart from saving
money) that trips are not installed. And I know they are not installed on
Loco's, but throughout the Urban and Inter-Urban sytem, they should be there.

Where are the "risk management" people in this case.....

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  Never be afraid to try something new.