Re: Glenbrook - Vandalised Phone

Unfortuneately, the current idea of a lot of organisations involved with the
rail industry, the aim is maximum profit with little investment. So
communications being expensive probably gets passed over. Another reason
could be that because there are so many different organisations using the
Australian rail network, not everyone is using a standard communications
system, i.e. What you can communicate with in Perth might not work in
sydney. The fact remains provided there  wasn't a wrong side failure, with
the signal behind the IP remaining clear (or at green) the passenger train
driver will have a lot of explaining to do. My belief is since it near
impossible for a signal to remain at green, takes a couple of carbon
contacted relays to weld contacts together (Carbon melts about 4000
degree's) or a false feed/Earth leak, there is a high chance that the driver
of the passenger train could be held responsible.

Rob
ht424.71$GZ5.604230@news0.optus.net.au">news:ht424.71$GZ5.604230@news0.optus.net.au...