Re: Train Accident in Blue Mountains

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 13:02:33 +1100, carrington
<consultancy@REMOVEcarringtonct.com.au> wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:10:38 +1100, "Dave Proctor"
><daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:
>
>>Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
>>82499h$o5a$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:82499h$o5a$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> <snip>
>>
>>Some media comments: they really do not have a clue. John Mangos (talking to
>>a GSR rep): "Can you confirm that the Inidan Pacific was on the same track
>>as the passenger train" - of course it was, it was there on vision for all
>>to see. Justin Kelly (2UE reporter): "There were over 1000 people on the
>>train."
>>

>Oh yes, for sure. Now the inane, irrelevant, ignorant, stupid (insert
>your own adjective(s) here) will start coming out.
>
>Not to make light of a sad, serious and tragic situation, but a
>collection of media foot-in-mouth statements would make wonderful
>reading.

Oh my God. Chanel 10 Sydney 5pm News have excelled themselves in their
usual stupidity - on the spot live report, reporter to camera,
background shot of derailed IU set  ......

"....with the engine still hissing in the background." [Cut to
background sounds ...]

Carrington
ICQ 35512824