Re: QR Steam Restoration

> They have 2 A10 locos from the 1860's (one going), Garratt 1009, a DD17
> (Blue Baby, being overhauled), a Yankee AC16 (in bits under restoration)
and
> 2 brown C17's.  (have I got them all?)

AFAIK, these are the steam locos which are restored, (or have been operating
since
the end of steam) and listed in QR's RICS (Rollingstock Information &
Control System).

C17 974
BB18 1/4 1079
PB15 732 (Stored at Ipswich shops)

These 3 have survived since the end of the steam era, and for a long time
were the only operating steam locos in the state.

BG 1009
A10  6 (oldest operating steam loco in the Southern Hemisphere)
DD17 1051 (Blue Baby - dare I say "Thomas")

Also AFAIK, C17 1000, the AC16, and the A10 from Queens' Park, Ipswich
are being restored.

Now if they could get one of these on the GPSE every so often...
(even only as far as Gympie)

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...