Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible Investigating body?

> So we now enter the new railway age, with more questions than answers!
> But regardless, the Railway is still the Safe way.
>
> regards, GF

No Safeway(s) is a supermarket chain, (Woolworths to you crow eaters).

It funny (well not really), but all these accidents and the arguements of
who is responsible seem to be come to the fore since the introduction of
Open Access.

I've been in this industry for 36 years, we had our accident in the past,
but the frequency has increased (well I think so) enormously since the
opening up of the rail industry to the private players!!!

Why is this so????

Cost cutting, increased work loads, longer hours (read crew fatigue), profit

I don't know, but what I do know is that: Its going to get worse before it
gets better!!!!

But then I'm sure the Grince Vhamams's of this world have done a "Risk
analyses" to prove its cost effective and anyway its the crews who are out
there working under these conditions  not the managers, so its quite safe.

Bob.