Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train

In article <37bdd532.8172841@news.ozemail.com.au> telljb@OZozemail.com.au (< Tell >) writes:
>From: telljb@OZozemail.com.au (< Tell >)
>Subject: Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train
>Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:58:15 GMT

>casey-joe <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Sounds like you have a problem pal.!

>----Terry Burton
>Alice Springs NT

>> How long has this ARTC been running National Main Lines
>> now? It feels like a lifetime to me.
>> If the way they act at my workplace is an example of the
>> abilities and type of person they use to be Train
>> Controllers, all I can say is I am amazed that any trains
>> get to Perth at all, much less return!
>> Local Crews and Train Movements have almost come to a stand,
>> as these bigheaded, gutless arseholes, delay and refuse us
>> access to our own tracks, for some Interstate Train that
>> invariably arrives many minutes past the due times.Our own
>> train Controllers allowed a shunt with 5 mins extra
>> time.These arseholes want our 30 min shunt time plus
>> another 30 mins.Our shifts are long enough without this
>> crap. I would hate to be influenced by them for thirty
>> hours on a train to Perth, A lot of Crew Fatigue can be
>> contributed to lousy opperations.
>>  They refuse to answer their Radios, and sit over there in
>> Adelaide, probably wanking themselves off in their own self
>> importance! Yes legends in their own little minds!
>> Bet you that we will now have a big cover up..Bet you a
>> lousy Train Controller scurries back into his rats nest.
>> Arseholes.
>>
>> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
>> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Does anyone know just who precisely will investigate this accident.
One of the major problems of a horizontally integrated railway regime where
there are multiple players like this one , is that in the case of accidents
its absolutely imperative that the accident be investigated by an impartial
body that has no vested interest in the outcome ,and more importantly can make
recommendations that dont get ignored, ie there is some legislative backing.
AFAIK we still dont have this in Rail yet.
BASI could possibly investigate the accident, but like beresfield have no
power to enforce change if that is what is needed.

MD