Re: C508 on Somerton Pilot - RTS do magnificent job!

Grahame Ferguson <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote in message
37bd0bc8@nap-ns1">news:37bd0bc8@nap-ns1...

> Yuri J Sos/Melbourne wrote in message
> <37bcd92e.178176@news.enternet.com.au>...
> >One of my very "usually reliable" sources has just phoned to say that
> >C508 ran to Somerton and back between 2 NRs on the Somerton (Vic)
> >pilot.  I am also told that the C looks great in its new paint scheme,
> >and perhaps more importantly sounds as magnificent as the Cs of old
> >with no evidence of any silencing/muffling as had been suggested on
> >aus.rail.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Yuri
> >--
> >==================================
> >Yuri J Sos
> >Melbourne VIC AUS
> >
> >Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au
> >
> >Web site is now located at
> >http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
> >==================================
>
> From an independent source they tell me that C508 was definately fitted
with
> a muffler as required to reduce cab noise.
>
> They also tell me that Rail Technical Support services(RTS)  of Dynon did
> magnificent job, both inside and out.  The cab is supposed to be spacious.
> The fridge is now electric, and is recessed inside the nose.
> Bremshey seats have been repaired.  Air-condioning updated. A host of
> modifications has been made for crew ergonomic comfort.  C508 had been
> worked on day and night to meet NRC's and the drivers requirements.  I am
> told that the paint job which was also done by RTS and was superb.
>
> I hope that RTS do more of the same work, and we get to see some more C
> classes, especially on the main line where they belong.
>
> regards, GF.

 Good God,

I'm envious,

Almost feel like calling Vince and asking for my job back<g>.

The 'C' Class (in their latter days were a nightmare to work on, they were
drafty, cold, but never noisy in cab), and they lacked creature comforts,
but they were the best looking, sexiest (well at my age), locos that an
Australian railway ever produced.

Haven't made up my mind on the republic vote yet, but if they held a
Referendum on locos I'd vote the 'C' class for President.

(Sorry if I affended any Queens)<g>!!!!

Bob.