Re: Atomic Train

Peter Deighan wrote:
> What was the one set in Alaska, directed I think by Kurosawa and
> shot by a famous Russian cinematographer?
>
> Was it Runaway Train?

Yes, starring John Voight, Eric Roberts (Julia's brother) and Rebecca De
Mornay. Some nice actions sequences on rail, but not much plot. Two
escaped convicts and a female railway worker find themselves trapped on
a train with no brakes and nobody driving. Some of the action sequences
(e.g. running a weak bridge at high speed) are almost exact copies of
scenes from Runaway!, a 1973 TV movie about (you guessed it) a runaway
train. Runaway! was much more enjoyable.

Cheers
David