Re: status - beyond Cranbourne ?

Lineman wrote:

> David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote in message
> 37ACFED1.D3344DCB@omni.com.au">news:37ACFED1.D3344DCB@omni.com.au...
> > track could be extended 600m beyond the current terminus.
> >
> > That has been in the pipeline for years, and the main reason the Up Home
> > at Leongatha (~20m beyond the end of the line) was left in place.
> Really!
> I thought it was left there for operational reasons.
> As the Vline passenger train was still running at the time that rails where
> being salvaged from beyond Leongatha,

But the Up Home is now beyond the end of the line. When rail trains ceased
running, the signal could have been removed. I think the light and
lenses have
been removed.

> I know that the platform lever was recovered for use at Cranbourne when it
> [the lever]was destroyed by vandals.

Quadrant levers are not hard to find. SGR had several spares, and used one
when the down end main line points were installed at Nyora. For those who
love railway trivia, this lever is ex-Maffra.

Cheers
David