Re: Tunnels

Geoff Lambert <G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> WA: Sirling Range, +?

I'm pretty sure there's all of one tunnel in WA and it's no longer used
for trains. I've walked through it, it's now in John Forrest NP, along
with a few bridges at what used to be National Park station. I thought
it about the same size/length/loading gauge as Clarence tunnel near Zig
Zag. Perhaps some Westralian can tell me why they felt the need for a
tunnel in the first place - you do the return part of the walk along the
formation that replaced it around the side of the hill and there's not
really a lot of overburden on top of the tunnel.

--
Dr A.P. Whichello                                Phone: +61 2 6268 8191
Electrical Engineering Image Coding Laboratory     Fax: +61 2 6268 8443

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!" C.Babbage