Re: Tunnels

cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:

>: I was just wondering about all the tunnels in Australia and in Victoria
>: specifically, Is there a list/photos on-line?

There is a booklet, "Tunnels on Australian Railways", published in
1972 by Austral Press, author William A. Bayley.

NSW & Qld too many to list here, probably > 100 between them.  They
often come in bunches, 10 in a row at Lithgow, 4 at Cowan Bank.

Tasmania: Rhyndaston, Tunnel (yeah right, the "Tunnel tunnel"),
Argent, Spray, reputedly 1 on the early NMLR,

Vic: see other posters

SA: Sleeps Hill (more than 1), +?

WA: Sirling Range, +?