Re: Second rate Melbourne stations

mk@netstra.com.au (Michael Kurkowski) drunkenly burbled in a
corner of their mind:

{SNIP]
>What I would like to know is when Galvin and Paisley were closed (The platform
>for Paisley(?) still exists, as an island platform just underneath the Millers
>Rd overpass in Altona) - These two stations for those that dont know were
>located on what is now the express segment of the Werribee line between
>Newport and Laverton - Also the main line.
>
>It would be interesting to note any other stations within the metro area (or
>at least within 100km of Melbourne) that once existed that dont any more. Not
>including those on lines that have been closed. A few that i can think of off
>hand are, those mentioned above, and also Somerton, and Campbellfield.

Lyndhurst (b/w Cranbourne-Dandenong) is one. Baxter (Stony
Point-Frankston) would be another. Both of these stations
would not have seen Electric services.

Narre Warren was recently (2/3 years?) closed/demolished
after a new platform was reconstructed, also was it Bornonia
that also moved on the Belgrave line? Technically these
stations still exist, just not in their original place.

{More Snip}

Brendan Searle

(drew_carey at a bad hair day for bigpond.com)