Second rate Melbourne stations

Right then, I dont know if this has been covered before but here goes anyway.
Can anyone tell me the relevance of General Motors station (on the Pakenham
line) my theory was that only v-line trains stopped there, until I went past
and it was a cheapo station, but it had a thingy you press the button to hear
what time the train is coming. Do any trains ever stop there?

And my other question is why did Stopping Place #15 lose that groovy name and
become Moradoo.. political correctness? BAH!