Re: Second rate Melbourne stations

Hi,

Early 80's as far as i know - i am not too sure myself, being born only in
1979 myself. I think Mobiltown was closed at the same time the then Altona
line was closed. AFAIK, upon reopening of the Altona line (with the
Altona-Westona-Laverton extension) in the mid 80's i think, Mobiltown was not
reopened. Ive looked out for it a few times and its very easy to miss its
original location, but its just outside the oil refinery on the down side i
*think*.

White City would have closed at about the same time.

What I would like to know is when Galvin and Paisley were closed (The platform
for Paisley(?) still exists, as an island platform just underneath the Millers
Rd overpass in Altona) - These two stations for those that dont know were
located on what is now the express segment of the Werribee line between
Newport and Laverton - Also the main line.

It would be interesting to note any other stations within the metro area (or
at least within 100km of Melbourne) that once existed that dont any more. Not
including those on lines that have been closed. A few that i can think of off
hand are, those mentioned above, and also Somerton, and Campbellfield.

Regards,
Michael.