Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

"David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:

> I have often commented that it would be better for the relay driver to take
> THAT train out on its run, and the incoming driver takes the NEXT train out
> on its run, etc.
>
> The reason I have been given is that this prevernts the train being turned
> around at Martin Place or Edgecliff if necessary.

It also avoid problems with trains arriving out of timetable order and
drivers ending up at destinations which don't fit with their
rostering...  something which was a non-trivial problem with relay
drivers in the days when they were used at when Wynyard Low level and
St James were terminals.

Cheers,

Bill