Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

mcfergus@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7g70a1$j1$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>> The reason I have been given is that this prevernts the train being
turned
>> around at Martin Place or Edgecliff if necessary.
>
>Pardon me if this is a silly question, but why would it?

under the current method of turning the train around at Bondi Junction,
using relay drivers, the same driver that brings the train in takes it out
too. This enables them to turn the train around at Edgecliff or Martin
Place.

If they had driver A bringinga train in to BJ, driver B taking it out, then
driver C brings the next train in, taken out by driver A, the driver D the
third train, taken out by driver C and so on, it would mean total
reorganisation of the drivers rosters, because the correct drivers would not
be in place at the turnaround point.

DaveP