Re: Better Sunday Trains (Melb)

John Wayman wrote in message
<2VNU2.19501$MB3.27071@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
>Shouldn't there just be a 24 hour daily timetable?

No.

>We have 7 day shop, pub and restaurant trading, and working hours are being
>deregulated across the board. Sunday no longer has religious significance
in
>our multicultural society.

But there is nowhere near tyhe number of people travelling on weekends as
there are on weekdays - even allowing for football fixtures.

>We expect convenience stores and supermarkets to be open 24 hours a day 7
>days a week so why not a minimum guarantee of the same from our public
>transport operators?

You really expect a service similiar to that provided between 0730 and 0900
on a Friday to be provided during the same hours on a Sunday morning? What
are you smoking?

DaveP

=========

Known spammers/idiots list - spambots, please take note, and do your stuff!

ahill26876@aol.com , sales@aitnet.net , Joe1orbit@aol.com , pjm@syd.net.au ,
babymash@manawatu.gen.nz , rshutt@netspace.net.au