Re: Better Sunday Trains (Melb)

David Proctor <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote in

> But there is nowhere near tyhe number of people travelling on weekends as
> there are on weekdays - even allowing for football fixtures.

I used to travel by train on weekends on the Belgrave line until the
frequencies were reduced below 30min many years ago.

It sounds like this problem will still exist in the future with this new
timetable.

People make their travel decisions based upon existing services. A bad
service will be poorly patronised.

> >We expect convenience stores and supermarkets to be open 24 hours a day 7
> >days a week so why not a minimum guarantee of the same from our public
> >transport operators?
>
> You really expect a service similiar to that provided between 0730 and
0900
> on a Friday to be provided during the same hours on a Sunday morning? What
> are you smoking?

No, but I would expect a minimum service of say 30 minutes on all lines 24
hours a day.

Cheers
John Wayman