Re: Better Sunday Trains (Melb)

Notagunzel wrote in message ...

>Don't get too excited, as the devil is in the detail.  AFAIK there will be
>Saturday Timetable and a Sunday timetable, which will be the same after
>approx. 1000 hours, but the Sunday mornings will remain as is.  The logic
is
>simple.  Everybody still goes to church on Sunday mornings, don't they?
>
>Actually beyond Ringwood, the headway becomes slightly ridicules, 30
minutes
>before 1000, and 40 after.

40 minute frequencies SUCK bigtime - it is impossible to introduce a memory
timetable (10 and 50 past even hours, 30 past odd hours - too hard to
promote!)

>This is because on Sundays currently, there is a
>30 minute headway out of the city, and every train has a connection at
>Ringwood, whereas on Saturdays currently, there is a 20 minute headway, and
>trains alternate between LIL/BEG.

So they should change it. Melbourne does not have the same problem that
SYndey has with regard to all night services - it would be a simple matter
for Melbourne to introduce weekend (as opposed to seperate Saturday and
Sunday) timetables, as the rosters would be the same for bothdays, the train
and crew utilisation would be the same.

>You read right, currently we get a better service on Sundays beyond
Ringwood
>than on Saturday!

Stupid timetable.

>Why aren't we getting a true Common Weekend Timetable?  Cash.  To do so
>would require more Driver shifts, which means more drivers.....
Management,
>or more precisely DOI have decided that the hybridised common weekend
>timetable is better.  (for whom?, not the customer beyond Ringwood.)
>
>P.S. before you ask, the centre of the known universe is Beyond Ringwood,
>not in NSW |o)

Possibly. But I am a constant critic of CityRail (just ask the Customer
Relations Officers at ALL of the Sector Managers offices - they all know me
by name - I am not afriad to criticise when it is needed (not afraid to
praise when it is warranted either).

But the current Melbourne situation seems to be a joke!0

DaveP

=========

Known spammers/idiots list - spambots, please take note, and do your stuff!

ahill26876@aol.com , sales@aitnet.net , Joe1orbit@aol.com , pjm@syd.net.au ,
babymash@manawatu.gen.nz , rshutt@netspace.net.au