Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

Krel wrote in message <372016fa.1438099@news.netconnect.com.au>...

>Are you sure? ISTR that Seymour is about 1.5-2 car lengths long and
>The Rock is much longer.
>Eitherway I guess it doesn't matter because CountryLink don't seem to
>think that a market exists in Seymour.
>Didn't the 'Spirit' stop at Seymour in the old days (1980's) to pick
>up frozen bull semen from the GV line to go to Sydney?
>

>Cheers
>
>Krel
>

>Just another eccentric crank.

Dear Mr Krel, Seymour with Puckapunyal has a combined population of 11,000.
Most of the Puckapunyal families are from interstate.
The Rock has a population of 400.
The Seymour SG platform is 2 car lengths long, which can empty 3 cars at
once if the cars are placed properly.
My parents are regular users of the XPT and have to change at Albury.
I also travel by the XPT.
Stopping the XPT has been a grinding issue here for many years.
Many more would use the night train if they did not have to hang around
Albury at ungodly hours.
If it is worthwhile for a passenger per day from The Rock to use the XPT,
then why could it not be the same for Seymour.
CountryLink does not have a clue about Seymour, Kim Finnimore did not!
Like the Railways of old they just keep on doing what the others have always
done.
Seymour is far bigger than what we see as we pass through it at 80kmh.  Why
do you think that commuter trains start from here.

GF