Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

In article <01be8c87$b374c340$826760cb@pentium> "David" <valley123@xtra.co.nz> writes:
>From: "David" <valley123@xtra.co.nz>
>Subject: Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour
>Date: 22 Apr 1999 05:29:41 GMT

>David D Wrote in  article

>It would be so easy to do but people always find problems with everything
>that is suggested.
>When you think about it, this theory has already been done with the
>crossing of the
>BG over the standard gauge and in to loco and S.R.H.S  ( note they are even
>dual gauge) so I cant see the problem. It is highly unlikely that three
>passenger trains will want to use the two platforms at the one time. If
>there is then you just hold one for a matter of minutes, not long at all.
>The other main line will still be there for passing traffic, only the XPT
>and specials need use the platform road.

>This could help Seymour so much but no one wants to do anything.

>Look at Perth.  Dual gauge for miles, no problem there!
>Reg
>David

Yes , in the Perth case the line is one dual guage line operated by the one
train controller who works for the one organization , ie Westrail.

The NE SG line is a totally independant main line operated by currently a
Train Controller who works for Victrak , shortly a train controller who works
for ARTC.
The BG line is also a totally independant main line who will shortly be
controlled by FV.
Its of course possible to build a crossing loop , with the loop road being a
dual guage line but at what cost.
At a minimum we need
2 X sets of fixed points.
2 X SG dual control point machines .
2 X New SG arrival signals protecting the facing points.
4 X New Sg / BG departure signals , the No 2 road needing dual control on the
departure sigs.
2 X new arrival home signals for the BG road interlocked with the SG points.
New distant SG signals to indicate the aspects of the new SG homes , although
it may be possible to achieve this by modifying the up departure sigs at
Seymour loop.

Around $600 K to $1 million conservatively estimated, all for 4 trains per day.
As Countrylink is the only beneficiary of this loop , do you think they would
want to pay, I doubt it.

MD