Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

Maurie Daly wrote:

> At a minimum we need
> 2 X sets of fixed points.
> 2 X SG dual control point machines .
> 2 X New SG arrival signals protecting the facing points.
> 4 X New Sg / BG departure signals , the No 2 road needing dual control on the
> departure sigs.
> 2 X new arrival home signals for the BG road interlocked with the SG points.
> New distant SG signals to indicate the aspects of the new SG homes , although
> it may be possible to achieve this by modifying the up departure sigs at
> Seymour loop.
>
> MD

Sorry Maurie but you are using far too many signals. The points would be required but the
SG signals at Seymour Loop and on the down at the Goulburn Rv would be sufficient for SG
moves through the station loop area. The BG arrival signals would suffice for protecting
the loop area from BG trains and the existing BG departure signals would have sg aspects
added. The cost would substantially reduced but again as we have all noted, who would pay.
I still think that if any interest could be created then extending the existing platform
would be best. And don't forget it would have something that the present platform doesn't
have - a road frontage.

David Langley.