Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

In article <371F0D0F.B705E0B@ancc.com.au> David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> writes:
>From: David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour
>Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:50:39 +1000

>Maurie Daly wrote:

>> At a minimum we need
>> 2 X sets of fixed points.
>> 2 X SG dual control point machines .
>> 2 X New SG arrival signals protecting the facing points.
>> 4 X New Sg / BG departure signals , the No 2 road needing dual control on the
>> departure sigs.
>> 2 X new arrival home signals for the BG road interlocked with the SG points.
>> New distant SG signals to indicate the aspects of the new SG homes , although
>> it may be possible to achieve this by modifying the up departure sigs at
>> Seymour loop.
>>
>> MD

>Sorry Maurie but you are using far too many signals. The points would be
>required but the
>SG signals at Seymour Loop and on the down at the Goulburn Rv would be
>sufficient for SG
>moves through the station loop area. The BG arrival signals would suffice for
>protecting
>the loop area from BG trains and the existing BG departure signals would have sg
>aspects
>added. The cost would substantially reduced but again as we have all noted, who
>would pay.
>I still think that if any interest could be created then extending the existing
>platform
>would be best. And don't forget it would have something that the present
>platform doesn't
>have - a road frontage.

>David Langley.

Thanks David.
I was unsure about how far out an arrival home can be in front of the
facing points that its protecting . (is there any rule.)
I presume you mean that the up departures from Seymour could be modified to
show either R/G or R/R/Y  to indicate the Seymour platform road and the same
in the down home near the bridge .
Does this mean however that the platform crossing loop isnt
considered a crossing loop for purposes of crossing trains , ie its simply a
switch locked power point operated siding in the middle of the Seymour - Tall
section ?

thanks
MD