Re: Safeworking!

> While on the CPH tour to Parkes on Saturday we stopped in the Pinecliffe
> area (between Molong and Manildra) and the driver said we were waiting for a
> new train order. It was seven minutes before we left. Was the old train
> order valid to a certain place ( we didn't seem to be at any particular
> place) or a certain time (it was 17:00)?

You probably had a train order only to the Manildra yard limit board,
which is some distance to the east of Manildra.

It is a requirement in the NSW train order system (again part of the NSW
ultra-conservatism) that if you have an order for a train approaching in
the opposite direction to enter a crossing location, or a shunting order
for movements within that location, the other approaching train can only
get an order to the YLB.

Was there another train at Manildra when you got there (possibly
including the local Manildra private shunter)?

Eddie Oliver