Re: New infrastructure in Vic?

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> > > Stuart Turnbull wrote:
> >
> > Electrification to Sydenham was announced with the other improvemnts.
> >
> > No mention of Craigieburn.
>

> Yes you are right - brain failure on my part - it was Sydenham not Craigieburn
> that was announced a few months ago.  The Craigieburn improvement I was thinking
> of was the daily Craigieburn Sprinter which started with the December
> timetable.  Not quite electrification!

Electrification to Sydenham is apparently mostly the responsibility of the shopping
centre complex along with the new station near the shops and not the houses. I hope
that it is not another Box Hill debacle. Electrification of the other lines is like
the Alice Springs to Darwin railway - trot it out at election time and then quietly
forget, even if the government changes hands. Just goes to show that Sir Humphrey
and his mates actually make policy decisions.

DEL