Re: Interstate Platform at Geelong?

Grahame Ferguson wrote:

> Jeff Kennett made an election promise in 1996, that an SG platform would be
> built at Nth Geelong- this was done to prop up the Liberal vote in the
> Geelong electorates.   Therefore one can only assume that another state
> election is around the corner.

Yeah Grahame, this year a week or two after the grand final of some sporting
game or other. Catch the voters unawares and get elected again. Unfortunately
the opposition does not look much like a government - and he knows it.

> As regards platform size, if the conductor knows already what cars
> passengers are booked into ex Nth Geelong, he can pre-plan what stops have
> to be made.

Passenger will be asked to go to certain cars just like the MEx/SEx used to do
at Benalla and Wangaratta.