Re: Salisbury Comeng QR

Barry Campbell wrote in message
<7fcgf5$edg$2@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...

>The track leading to this siding on the narrow gauge has a timber baulk and
>stop sign on it before it leaves the railway reserve. From what I can see
>the std gauge is still intact. There is a colour light signal pertaining to
>one or both of these sidings under the road overpass. Does anyone know if
it
>is still operational?

The standard gauge siding is now called Pradella siding and is shunted on a
daily basis. What freight is loaded there escapes me for the moment.

 The QR siding stops short of Beaudesert Rd. and up until commencement of
the recent Southeast Transit Busway project, was rarely used. Recently, the
grass was cut around the siding and crusher dust was laid to form a safe
walking path adjacent the siding. The sleeper stops were moved closer to
Beaudesert Rd. to allow a 6 car EMU to fit in clear. 3 and 6 car stopping
marks were installed at clearance from the Up Southern Suburban line.

The purpose of all this work was to provide a turnback point for the Dutton
Park - Moorooka shuttles being used on weekends where the line was closed
between Roma Street and Park Road for the abovementioned SET Busway project.

During the SET Busway shutdowns (the final one occurs this weekend), all
lines between Roma Street and Park Road are closed. The only rail traffic
allowed on the closure are work trains, track machines and the XPT which is
piloted through by QR Loco Inspectors.

All Cleveland, Beenleigh and Robina trains travel via Tennyson with the
following stopping patterns :-

To Cleveland : Express Roma St. to Sherwood, express Sherwood to
Yeerongpilly thence all stations to Cleveland.

>From Cleveland : All stations to Yeerongpilly, express to Sherwood thence
express to Roma St.

To Beenleigh : Express Roma St. to Sherwood, express Sherwood to Moorooka
thence all stations to Beenleigh.

>From Beenleigh : All stations to Moorooka, express Moorooka to Sherwood
thence express Sherwood to Roma St.

To Robina : Express Roma St. to Sherwood, express Sherwood to Beenleigh
thence all stations to Robina.

>From Robina : All stations to Beenleigh, express to Sherwood thence express
to Roma St.

The Sherwood stop is to allow transfers from the Ipswich line. A shuttle
runs between Dutton Park and Moorooka, connecting with trains to and from
Beenleigh. Buses operate on a 15 minute frequency between Roma Street and
Dutton Park.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland