Re: Salisbury Comeng QR

This siding mentioned in this post is used by NR to shunt about 3 times per
week.  The train gets there about 3:00- 5:00 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and
Fridays.  I believe it is used to deliver steel to the rolling mill.  In a
previous life it was used to deliver starch in grain type wagons.  Someone
from NR Brisbane should be able to give more details.  The siding used to be
limited to 42's and 80's but has recently - last year sometime I think -
been upgraded to accomodate 81's and NR's.

>From time to time, there is an entry in the Locomotives and Traffic section
in Railway Digest about this siding - Ref Pg 39, Feb 99 Issue under North
Coast and QLD Standard Gauge.

Craig Mackie     alias     cassino
Email:- cassino@powerup.com.au
NSW North Coast HO Modeller