Re: All-over advertising trams (Melb)

In article
<Pine.SOL.3.96.990412153547.16299A-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au>, Gareth
Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> wrote:

> There hundreds of derelict W's in the Newport Workshops West Block (East?)
> sheds.  When I say hundreds, I mean hundreds.  Many now have flat fronts,
> because they have been jammed in so tight!

Speaking of derelict W's, I noticed the other night as I was riding past
that all of the Ws that were stored in the shed on the west of St George's
Rd opposite the workshops have been removed. Is this the first stage of the
removal of the Preston Workshops, which is part of the Yarra Trams sale
contract?

Paul