Re: Fatality at Sydenham Station (Vic)

G'day,

MattyQ wrote:

> This is just typical of the media and public attitude towards the railways.
> Last year, two elderly women totally ignored the flashing lights at Wacol
> and proceeded to drive across the line. A light engine collided with the
> car, killing the driver. The media swooped on the incident and blindly
> accused QR for the incident.

There was a non-fatal collision at the Anglesea Rd a couple of weeks back, and a
fatal at Colac last week, in both cases it appears flashing lights were working
and cars went through.

A point was raised by a colleague, which was - how often do you see cars
accidently drive through red traffic lights?  Not very many, and I wonder if
level crossings without gates would be better protected by a standard type
traffic light rather than flashing red lights?

Regards,
CH.
--
Craig Haber