Re: Fatality at Sydenham Station (Vic)

I don't want to offend anyone here, as I don't know who uses the news
groups,  so I will keep it brief.

Having grown up in Melbourne, but currently working in the UK, I can't
belive in the article below on how quick the boy's Parents were to put the
blame on the Railways, because there were no gates at the crossing. Just
because there are no gates present, doesn't mean you don't look to see if a
train is coming.  Does that mean if I step out on the road  with out looking
and get hit  and killed by a car, it is the roads corporations fault,
because they should have had a Padestrian Crossing there? I don't think so.

Unfortunately, this 16 year old boy lost his life because he didn't look,
and thats the unfortunate truth.

Do they still run the cartoon add about saftey on the MET? If not may be
they should make one for Teen's and Adults!

{Snip}