Re: Mark's Marvellous Map of Bendigo?

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 07:32:53 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly)
wrote, and I selectively quote:

>In relation to FVs purchase of VLF , is there a defined boundary of where FVs
>track starts.

According to the official press release "all non-electrified track"

>EG if a FV train needs to go from Totty Yard to Bendigo or Albury it would
>need to join the suburban network at Sunshine , run to Albion for Albury or to
>St Albans for Bendigo etc.

>Does FV have to pay someone for running its trains over the suburban bit of
>the Network , Bayside possibly.
>
>If this is the case , I can understand partly Marks idea of running via
>Ballarat & Maryborough in that it avoids entirely the suburban network
>at least for Bendigo & beyond trains.

>Also is FV responsible for staff at stations in the country, eg the signaller
>at Somerton or Donnybrook .

You've brought up an interesting question.  I did report here last Oct
that signallers at Totty "B", Brooklyn, Sunshine and Somerton had
their pay cheques issued by VLF (instead of Bayside Trains or
VicTrack).  So if FV has to go from Totty B to St Albans, it's their
signallers controlling the action.

Regards

Yuri
--