Re: Sydney people movers.

>> >Why don't you move down to the true capital of Australia, Sydney
>
>No, I demur here. The choice of Canberra as the capital to end the
>Melbourne-Sydney debate was a stroke of genious. Canberra is a dreary
>town of complete irrelvance to everyone else in Australia and its dull
>existence has allowed much more interesting places to flourish.
>
>David McLoughlin
>Auckland New Zealand

  Them be fighting words!! The Canberra you talk of is a small place
called capital hill, where the rest of the country send their
misguided reprentitives, to give the rest of Canberra and Australia
the utter shits!!.

  The real Canberra, beyond is a great place, its only real downside
is that the railway line ends at Kingston (although I once read it
come closer to the city until the bridge washed away, anyone know
where??) and the fact that Walters orginal plan of Tranways for
Canberra never existed, even though the towns roads were planned for
it and up until recently the roads built to the orginal spec.

  As for the other two places, I lived in Syndey for two years (mid 96
to mid 98) and loved the place, and I visit Melbourne a few times a
year and love the place also. But its a pitty Sydney doesn't have real
trams like Melbounre, and pitty Melbourne doesn't run real trains like
Sydney's!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright
 Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.